Monday, May 4, 2009

It's about that time

So I packed my bags about a month and a half ago. And day by day little things get added. The bags are almost full and I still haven't packed socks, underwear, pj's, tops, and toiletries. Even though on airlines you can have 50 lbs for each bag the Peace Corps give their own specifications. 80 lbs total with 50 lbs max for one bag. I am defiantly going to have to reorganize my bags. a.k.a. git rid of lots of stuff!

My flight will leave Redmond at 10:30 am on the 26th and I arrive in Miami at 10:15 pm. It's going to be one long day! On the 27th I will check in for training at 8 am it starts at 9. At 3 we leave for the airport to go to Paraguay!

The pre-service training will be 11 weeks on intense training in language, community development, personal adaptation, technical job orientation, Volunteer safety, security, and health. The training center is in a town called Guarambare, which is about an hour from the capital, Asuncion. I am not sure how many new volunteers there will be in my group, maybe 10.

I get more and more excited every day! Only 22 more days until my adventure! When I have an address I'll post it! Wish me Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment